Monday, October 28, 2013

Yellowstone National Park - May 12, 2013

In mid May, my very helpful friend Nicki rescued my left behind items out in Utah. I had to move home back to Minnesota in early April because I was unable to find work in Utah and could only bring what fit in my car at the time. It was very difficult to put trust in others with my beloved items. On our way home, we made a detour and stopped off in Yellowstone National Park! It has always been a dream of mine to visit this place because of all the natural geographic wonders. I would highly recommend it as a great spot for family vacations. It is a great way to tie in history and science for younger kids. Parents can also prepare their children with activities by visiting the Yellowstone National Park website. I was amazed and shocked at some of the things I was able to see. I was able to see quite a few animals roaming about, Mammoth Hot Springs, the Midway Geyser Basin (which is way larger than I expected!), Old Faithful Geyser, and a bunch of beautiful landscapes. I am so grateful that this land has been preserved with as much natural habitat as possible. Here are some of my photo's that I would like to share.
Beautiful crystal clear landscape
Another rock landscape. I can only imagine how hot it must have been for this to form and then the effort to put a road right through it.
One of the many colorful hot springs.
Part of the beautiful Midway Geyser Basin. Besides Old Faithful, this is what I always think of in regards to the park. It is a classic textbook photo for science books.
Mammoth Hot Springs: This was one of my favorite places that I was absolutely in awe of. Absolutely beautiful.
A funny warning picture that I saw about leaving the safe zone of the paths. I do not think it would be fun getting scalded or burned by these natural geysers.
Just by looking at this, you really cannot tell how hot it is because it is not bubbling. Well, I sure found out just how warm it was.... oops!
One of the warning signs that I failed to follow. I dipped my finger in part of a hot spring. I was extremely shocked at just how warm it was... Like a hot tub. I was very dumb and am very lucky that I didn't burn myself right down to the bone.
Buffalo and other dumb animals apparently do not care where they walk... I am hoping that they do not get burned.
Video of Old Faithful going off. The whole things takes about 3 minutes to release the pressure and about 45 minutes to build it up before going off.

No comments:

Post a Comment