Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year (2013)

Well, blogging in the new year :-). I figured things are looking on the bright side, so I should start blogging again. I had no idea it's basically been a whole year since I have blogged. Things that have changed (or better yet, have not changed) since my last blog: - Feeling better about myself in general. I spent some time in therapy for a few months last winter. Well worth it. It was actually a positive experience and I would recommend it for anyone who is struggling with personal issues. It took a long time to even consider seeing anyone. - Quit my job because it became to difficult to deal with AND I was being poorly treated. No one should have to go through what I have dealt with. Long story short, I am better where I am today mentally, spiritually, and financially. - Took the plunge and with some major blessings, prayers, and the help of a friend I was able to move back out to Utah in my ghetto home. - I have a cute little nephew named Matthew Ray who was born June 21st, 1012. He is going to be trouble like his momma. He is my little chubbs. - I still haven't quite obtained my teaching license... one exam left to go for my Minnesota license. I know I will get it. So close. - I am looking into going to graduate school. The big change would be going from secondary education to primary education and moving back to Minnesota. I should be hearing back anytime now what I need to do to hear back. - Have not managed to remain 100% healthy. In November, I managed to somehow obtain a terrible case of pneumonia. December brought a trip home to Minnesota where I managed to catch a terrible retching case of stomach flu, made it back out to Utah with a case of bronchitis. So, now I have -$230 spent on medical bills and medication, not to mention a ton of absences from work... Which brings me to my next point... - I am looking for a new job. I went back to an old company that I worked for about 6 1/2 years ago. Needless to say, it is worse than what it use to be. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I hear some good news about new jobs. Some not so personal / personal goals: - Stay happy and healthy. - Drop 10lbs by the end of February. - Pay all bills in full and on time (including the start of dreadful student loans) - And many more which are to personal to share with the world. Well... I am out now. I hope everyone had a happy and safe New Year's holiday! Let's home that 2013 is a good year for everyone. I have some idea's for myself! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment