1. I have a background in Irish and German ancestry.
2. Reading is a hobby of mine when time permits.
3. I have a B.S. degree in teaching Social Studies, emphasis in geography, specialization in history, and a minor in human relations.
4. Ice cream has always been a favorite dessert of mine.
5. I am the middle child (older brother and younger sister).
6. Although I love theatre and the arts, I cannot sing, dance, act, or memorize.
7. I would rather take care of babies than old people.
8. I had my first CPK (Cabbage Patch Kid) before I was 2 years old.
9. The longest job that I have ever had is the one I have now (selling wigs).
10. I have lived in Texas, Minnesota, Utah, and England.
11. When I was about 7 or 8 years old, I saved my sister from drowning in a pool. She was about 2 or 3 years old.
12. I have never caused an accident… I am always the victim.
13. Ever since I was about 4 or 5 years old, I have hated doing the dishes and cleaning house. Today I still despise dishes by hand, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, and scrubbing. I do love a clean house though.
14. I can nearly still speak fluent German. I took many years of German throughout high school and college.
15. My eyes appear to be sometimes bright green and other times a baby blue.
16. I actually enjoy learning in general.
17. One of my biggest pet peeves is when someone says something really rude and then quickly changes it to “Just Kidding!”.
18. New Kids on the Block was my first favorite band. I was 4 years old. I had quite the collection of NKOTB gear.
19. The only cookie that I have difficulties making is Chocolate Chip.
20. Majority of my friends are either older or younger than me. It is rare to have a friend the same age.
21. I have fibromyalgia. A rheumatoid (Arthritis) disorder characterized by muscle pain and headaches. It makes exercising very difficult.
22. Definitely a kid from the 80’s. I loved “My Little Ponies”, P.J. Sparkles, and Strawberry Shortcake.
23. My natural hair color is a “mousy” golden brown.
24. I hate reading handwritten papers or typed papers from students that are filled with spelling and grammar issues. By high school, most students should be able to write a paper without major mistakes.
25. I have been very fortunate to never break a bone.
26. I am very crafty. I can sew, I can crochet, I can cross stitch.
27. The only story that I have preferred in the movie format over the book version is “Stardust” by Neil Gaiman.
28. I love to travel. I have covered almost the entire United States. I have also visited Canada, Mexico, Ireland, England, Scotland, Wales, France, Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Italy, The Bahamas, Cayman Islands, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
29. I saw my niece Emily being born.
30. When I was younger, I was very much a “tom boy”. I would run around with boys, climb trees, and had a constant attitude as my dad would say.
31. I remember playing Atari and the original Nintendo.
32. I used to have many collections as a very young child (Don’t judge me – included glitter, hair, and other random odds and ends).
33. My favorite color for the longest of time has been yellow. I can only remember possibly liking pink and purple as a child.
34. I have a really difficult time being around “dumb” people. When I say that, I mean people who have to ask the same dumb question multiple times, writes the answer down, and then still has to ask what to do again.
35. I have been on 6 different cruises.
36. I am not a fan of hunting. I do not like to eat weird meats such as venison, duck, squirrel, turtle, etc… I prefer only small amounts of beef, pork, chicken, or fish.
37. Jane Austen is one of my favorite authors. I own multiply movie versions of stories and at least one book copy of every story.
38. My favorite yogurt is Pineapple Chobani Greek yogurt.
39. I can’t study when things are out of place, messy, or too noisy. It has to be completely quiet.
40. Sadly I have already lost a best friend to suicide and my dad to lung cancer.
41. I graduated from college with 196 completed credits. Only needed 120 to graduate, but transferring three times and taking a break messed things up.
42. I have never had a declared boyfriend.
43. I can bake almost any pie except chocolate silk from scratch.
44. Year round allergies plague me.
45. I grew up in a house that my parents built. In was in the country on 5 acres. It will always be my home.
46. I am a big fan of mint (peppermint or winter green).
47. Driving always feels like a waste of time. Too bad we can’t snap our fingers and poof!
48. I used to collect stickers and would count them on a monthly basis from 3rd grade – 7th grade.
49. I still take naps. I have always been a napper. When I was 5 or 6, I remember my dad pulling me off the bus because I fell asleep.
50. One of my biggest goals is to be married with 4-6 kids.
51. I am terrible at Math and Science. I cannot learn the materials as fast as others can.
52. I am a “candy and popoholic”. If I was given money as a child, I almost always spent it on candy than on toys.
53. I am not a pet lover. Never really have been a fan of cats, dogs, birds, fish etc… I only really enjoy baby kittens until they bite, scratch, or pee around you.
54. My niece and nephew mean the world to me.
55. I love music. Everything from Irish tunes, pop, rock, country, classical, etc.… I really only can’t stand techno, heavy metal, or screaming music.
56. I grew up knowing my great grandparents on my mom’s side.
57. Laundry and shopping is therapeutic for me.
58. I can bake almost anything, but when it comes to cooking I would rather starve.
59. Watching movies puts me to sleep almost instantly.
60. I had my first pair of glasses in the 1st grade. They were huge, ugly, pink things that hid my beautiful face. The funny thing is that now days I prefer my purple glasses to my contacts.
61. I have more clothes than I can possibly wear in a year (I am working on downsizing everything).
62. Vacations make life more enjoyable. I always try to squeeze in a minimum of two trips per year.
63. I am terrible at dressing up and wearing makeup. It is easier to run out the door with wet hair and makeup than trying to get ready and still be on time.
64. Pro at procrastination
65. Once shared a plane ride with Phil Donahue.
66. I once colored my hair a golden blond. What a huge mistake that was. I waited for it to grow out instead of coloring it darker because I was so afraid of having yet another bad color.
67. Rainy days make me sad.
68. I have studied abroad in Germany and England.
69. I have recently found out that I prefer Pepsi products over Coca-Cola products.
70. Talking in my sleep has been a common issue that I have had to put up with for quite a while. Not sure when it started, but I am not a fan as I talk loudly.
71. I was a Girl Scout for over 10 years.
72. One of my favorite jobs was working at a day care.
73. I am a big fan of healthy food. The only catch is that I like it pre made. If I have to buy items and make my own salad, 9 out of 10 times my vegetables rot before I get around to using them.
74. Fishing and camping with my dad will always be some of my favorite memories.
75. I have been to a few different Olympic locations. Salt Lake, Atlanta, Munich, and London.
76. Photography is a fun hobby of mine. I enjoy taking pictures of landscapes throughout different seasons.
77. I rarely make it to the movies. I wouldn’t be able to tell you what is out in the theatres unless it was coming close to Christmas. I am lucky if I see 3-4 movies a year.
78. A person cannot bring up Ireland without me sighing and stating that I love it.
79. My favorite boy names are: Jackson, James, Noah, and Hayden
80. My favorite girl names are: Grace, Billie Clyde, Olivia, and Millie
81. When I was in grade school, I chose dance and piano over gymnastics. How I wish I would have choose piano and gymnastics.
82. In kindergarten, I gave my number out to a boy whose nickname was “Skip or Skippy”. He actually called me and we had a play date.
83. I have not had real tv in my house for over three years. I miss it terribly as I can be a “tv junkie”.
84. Some of my favorite tv shows include: The Big Bang Theory, Dr. Who, House, Family Guy, and all of the A.E. murder shows.
85. My next big dream vacation would be going to Sydney, Australia.
86. I hate it when people use the bass on their radios. The extra fuzz sound kills me.
87. Occasionally I talk to myself. Many people have asked me who I have been talking to, and it’s always been myself.
88. I used to be a very shy person. It took me until I was about 21 yrs. old before I could talk to a guy without blushing.
89. It typically takes me 4-5 times to watch a movie. I have finally learned that going to scene selection helps me see the entire movie faster than watching it from start to end.
90. Gardening is a stress free activity for me. I have always had little flower and vegetable gardens in the spring.
91. I cannot watch scary movies, for instance, Friday the 13th or Freddy Cougar. I was able to watch them all up until I was about 16. When I experienced my first close death, I couldn’t watch it anymore. It’s quite funny because I love watching closed file cases and such.
92. My first Disney movies were Bambi, Little Mermaid, and Peter Pan
93. I hate watching / reading the news. It almost always makes me feel sad afterwards.
94. I have had many pen pals over the years. I am a great writer via snail mail.
95. I went to school to become a teacher (only because I had to make a decision about what to major in). Still not sure if teaching is what I really want to do.
96. I have bought a few Cd’s more than once because they were scratched and were my favorites.
97. My first tax paying job was working at McDonalds. It lasted for 2 years and 2 months. I have learned two things about that experience. 1. I can never work with my brother and 2. I can no longer eat French fries without getting sick.
98. I tend to inhale things like cotton candy and watermelon. They just make me happy.
99. I won’t ever be able to win a fast eating contest because I am more likely to choke on the food than swallowing it.
100. Helping others almost always makes me feel better.
101. I like learning random and interesting facts, such as James Madison was the shortest president in history. He was a “giant” of 5’4.
Saturday, January 7, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am proud to say I knew most of these facts. That must mean we are good friends. I'm glad you're updating Kel!
ReplyDelete-Elise
Oh and if I didn't spend time driving we'd never get to talk on the phone :)
ReplyDelete