Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Best Auntie Ever!!!



I have to say that I must be one of the world’s most lovingly Aunties ever! I am also happy to say that my sister gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. She said that this time it was quite painful, but she is happy that she is no longer in too much pain. Joshua Clyde was born on April 28th, 2009 at 11:15 pm Germany time, 3:15 pm Minnesota time and 2:15 Utah time. He was 20 inches long, 7lbs 12oz. He is a lot smaller than what we thought he was going to be, even a little smaller than Emmy was. I am dying to be home at this very moment, but I made a choice to be here months ago, and it would be very rude of me not to have visited my German family.

It is very nice to be back in Germany. It is like nothing has changed in 6 years. The only thing that has changed is my German being 10 times better. I am able to understand quite a bit more than the last time I was here. The weather is still a little bit chilly and it has been raining a little bit every day. I am really excited because I will get to see a little bit of Frankfurt and I will be spending a week in Berlin as well. I also hope to visit a few of my other friends here as well. I will soon be home. I can hardly wait. I will leave Germany on May 14th and fly back to England. Then on May 15th, I will fly home. I will fly from Newcastle to Amsterdam with a one hour layover and then I will fly from Amsterdam to Minneapolis. The flight is expected to be about 9 hours long. I can hardly wait to get back to normal life.

This semester was a really good experience for me. I do not regret any of it because it was all new to me. I have learned to be a bit stronger and I have gained a lot more confidence in myself. I have met some very nice people that I hope to be friends with for a long time. I was able to also acquire very good grades this semester. I put in a lot of hard work, and it paid off. Now will come another challenge of trying to finish school in two years! I am hoping that I can get that done soon.

This summer, there will be a lot of work for me. I hope to get a lot of hours in at work and I will also be taking two short summer classes. I am also hoping to make it out to Utah for a little bit (even though I once again have no family support in this choice). I will also have to discuss it with my boss, even though I am tempted to purchase my tickets anyway. It seems that there was a lot of drama at work while I have been away and now I have to help get everything in order. Anyways, I hope that everyone is having a wonderful time. If you get a chance, fill me in on what’s happening in your life!



3 comments:

  1. congrats!!! no wonder i didnt hear from ur mom today. well have a safe trip back so u can call me at work hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly,
    Congrats on being a new aunt. It is so fun to have new little ones.
    I am jealous of all your traveling while in England. You I am sure seen more than I ever will.
    Take Care.
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nephew is a cutie! I hope that you're able to make it out here to visit... We will be able to do lots of fun things if you do! Also, Elise's baby is getting so big and I know you'll love her so much! Be safe and have fun your last couple weeks.

    ReplyDelete