Anyways, I went to Amsterdam via a small ship / large ferry for the weekend. It was absolutely by far NOT my favorite trip. I would have regretted not going though. My two main reasons for going were to 1. Officially say that I have been there and not just in the airport and 2. Visit the Anne Frank House.
- Don't worry, I know what you're wondering... Did Kelly try or do anything crazy while she was there???? Well, the answer is no... I am not that kind of girl. I think some of the other Americans were upset that I did "not have fun", but it was my choice, my money, my body, and my life to do whatever I wanted to. I am not judging those who did do or try new things, but I am glad that I did what I thought was best.
Well, I did have to deal with a guy pretty much hauling me over his shoulder (he was totally wasted and disgusting)... He asked me to dance, but I told him no, so that was the outcome. Well, we posed for a picture and he undid my bra and whispered over trying to impress me that "not many guys can do that with one hand on the first try". I was so upset I didn't know what to do... Luckily his disappeared by the time I came back from readjusting.
I was able to see much of the city with some drama distractions from some of the other girls. I really hate drama and don't feel like explaining what happened. But here are some pictures to look at.
- Wooden Shoes are a big thing in Amsterdam. Not sure why cause no one wears them anymore.
- The Anne Frank house.
- A canal in Amsterdam.
- A main building in central Amsterdam.
- Cara and I. She was my trusty buddy for the weekend.
- Red light district at night.
- Red light district during the day.
- Pick your woman for the day. It's a shop to pick up women in the red light district. If you look closely, you can see them in the window acting bored.
- Most of us trying to pretend that we are cheering at the football / soccer game on Shrove Tuesday.
- Our director of the Alnwick program, Wade Sherman. He was participating in the Shrove Tuesday / Fat Tuesday events.
Hi Kel I'm still reading your blog. I got a kick out of this post! My dad also told me that he served his mission really close to wherever you were on your last post.
ReplyDeleteKelly sorry I haven't been a good blogging buddy! I haven't even had time to keep up on mine, but it looks like you are having neat experiences! I have wooden shoes that look just like the big one you are in... So random! Well stay safe and don't go in the Red Light District anymore!!! I mean it!!!
ReplyDelete