I have to say that by far Ireland is the best trip that I have taken so far. Absolutely beautiful even in the winter. The weather was a bit chilly, but very mild compared to Minnesota. I could totally live there... I am even looking at figuring out a work visa for sometime in the future. I would love to stay there for a time if possible. Perhaps after graduation. I did a 6 day all over Ireland tour through www.paddywagontours.com . It was very cheap considering all of the places that we visited. It included breakfast, entrance fee's, and accommodations at hostels in major cities. I just felt completely happy and peaceful while I was there. The people were so friendly and helpful. I was really lucky to have such a handsome and smart tour guide who majored in history. He was just full of crazy stories and I am sure I may be one of his stories in the future... who knows. I was able to spend time in Dublin, Derry, Belfast, Galway, and Kilarny. I was able to visit some of the "peaceful" area's in Belfast. It was kind of scary because the city is still so divided between Protestants and catholics. I saw the cliffs of Moher, kissed the Blarney Stone on Valentines day, saw some amazing sights, ate good food, and had a pub sing me my favorite song... I am still trying to see if I can get it to load onto facebook. If it does not work... I will try the whole youtube thing. Overall, I would do it again in a heartbeat. My friend Margaret is coming to visit me in March and I hope to take her to Dublin for the weekend. I plan on going back in April. I am tempted to not take one of the summer classes that I had in mind so that I can spend more time over here. My mom would like to visit as well, I would like to somehow try and get her over to Ireland. Anyways.... here are some pictures to enjoy...

Bianca, Anna, Conor, and I. Conor was our tour guide.

Dinner in Dublin. It was our very last night there.
Jodi (My roommate), Houston, Chris, Me, Taylor, Danielle, Heidi, and Beth. We had a whole nother half of the table... not enough room for everyone.

Southern Ireland

Cliffs of Moher... Amazing

Southern Ireland

Dinner with some girls that I Met. Carrie, Amanda, Me, Mel, and Deb. The first three are from Australia and then Mel is from New Zealand. They were a lot of fun.

Giants Causeway... Neat story... you should look it up.

Me by Dunluce Castle. Part of this castle fell into the sea. I think it killed 8 staff members. The wife made everyone move out that night and it has been empty since.

Deb, Me, and Mel at dinner one night.
I also put all of my pics on facebook... that's where you will see them constantly updated. It gets busy over here. March is going to be ridiculous for me. The first week of March I am going to be going to London then that weekend I am in Paris. The next weekend Margaret comes and visits for a week. After that I am on a two week break. I am going to visit Rome and hopefully Venice as well as spend a week in Wales. I am so excited for this.
No comments:
Post a Comment