
So for those of you who don't know yet, I will be studying in England next spring for a semester. I am so excited for this opportunity! I will be staying in a castle where the Duke and Dutches of Northumberland live.

Here's a little history:
Alnwick is a town of approximately 7,500 people and is located forty miles north of Newcastle-upon-Tyne and ninety miles south of Edinburgh, Scotland. The Percy family castle forms part of the walls of the city of Alnwick. To the west of the castle lies the Aln River and beautiful rolling countryside. The rich history of the area is evident in the numerous castles and abbeys that lie within a short distance of Alnwick and gives exciting evidence of the long and colorful history of the area.
Alnwick Castle is the second largest inhabited castle in England, the first being Windsor Castle, and has been the home of the Percys, Earls and Dukes of Northumberland since 1309. The Castle has been the backdrop for several movies, including "Elizabeth," "Robin Hood" and, most recently, "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone".
No comments:
Post a Comment