Thursday, June 30, 2011

cherry rhubarb / strawberry rhubarb crisp (crumble)

I love summer! Warm weather, fresh strawberries, rhubarb, and playtime all make me happy. I have been doing quite a bit of baking again lately… helps keep me from sleeping all the time!



Fresh Rhubarb



Fresh Strawberries from the garden.


This recipe is doubled and changed to my liking….

Cherry Rhubarb filling:
2 (21oz) cans of cherry pie filling
8 cups of chopped rhubarb
(Soak the rhubarb in a little water and 1 cup of sugar)
1tsp of Almond Extract

Strawberry Rhubarb filling:
8 – 12 cups of chopped strawberries
8 cups of chopped rhubarb
(Soak the rhubarb in a little water and 1 cup of sugar)

Crisp / Crumble (as the Brits would say)
Mix together the following:
2 cups flour
2 cups of oats
2 cups of brown sugar
½ tsp salt

After it is all mixed, cut in 1 cup of butter into the mixture!

Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 35-45 minutes. You will know it is done when you have bubbling juices on the side.

*Special ingredients include love and flax seed.



Cherry Rhubarb Crisp



Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp



I had leftovers, so I made a Strawberry, Rhubarb, Blueberry pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment