Friday, May 7, 2010

Finally Finals are over!!!

I am so happy that I have another year to mark off of classes. This school year has been crazy! I have taken 30 credits and managed to work two jobs while pulling off fairly good grades. This past week has felt like one long never ending moment for me. I have had little to no sleep and have only gotten showers and meals in between checkouts. I am still waiting to take my shower for today. Not a pretty sight. I had four finals and have had to deal with residents checking out and making sure that their rooms are spotless so that I don’t have to be the one to clean them at the end. I have already encountered some strange last moments with residents. To nasty to mention in my blog.

Being a CA has made me toughen up a little bit. I have had to write people up for underage drinking, seen resident’s hauled off to jail, and have had to put up with multiple attitude problems. I can’t believe how some parents let their spoiled children walk all over them. I even had a resident make his parents haul his junk out and clean his room for him today. I am happy that I am getting off of campus. At least I can have my freedom and spare time back even though I am unfortunately moving back in with my brother. I know it is going to be rough, but at least I only have a year and a half left of school. If this next year does not work out living with my brother, I might consider moving into an apartment in town just to escape him.

This is what I have left of school to complete:
8 credits this summer
18 credits in the fall
15 credits in the spring
12 credits of student teaching


As soon as I am allowed to leave (which is still over 24 hours away), then I get to go home and organize my room. Next week will be hectic. I am putting in 30 hours of work between Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Next Thursday I leave for Vancouver, Canada and then I am off to Alaska on a Princess Cruise on that Saturday. It should be fun. I am really excited for Alaska, I thought it would be the very last state for me to visit, but now it won’t be.

I hope that everyone is enjoying their spring season. Ours just turned cold and rainy here in Minnesota. Parts of Northern Minnesota are getting snow again!!! I can’t wait for a warm summer.

2 comments: