I found out that my Alero needed more work than I wanted to pay to fix it. The back wheel bearings were shot, back breaks were shot, and most of the wiring in general had something wrong with it. It was just becoming unbearable to deal with and was making me feel sick every time I had to drive it somewhere. The dealer said I must have had angels watching over me in that car. He said he had a friend who had his tire fall off at 20mph in town due to bad wheel bearings. So, I was really lucky.
I ended up buying a 2006 Hyundai Sonata. It is a pretty pale silver blue. It kind of fits me. I really like it because it reminds me of my Malibu (but it a better way). It also comes with some upgrades. I am finally going to have an automatic car starter installed (definite plus cause I am sick of getting in a cold car!), It has a sun roof (which I have never had), along with a spacious trunk, cruise control, and a cd player. Another bonus is that it is a v6 engine, which means that I get better miles with my gas. The guy said that I will get between 26-30 miles per gallon of gas and it has only about 66,000 miles put on it. Not bad at all.
This weekend, I spent some time at my sisters watching the kids so she could have a night out with Dan. It was a lot of fun. I always feel bad leaving the kids because they make such a fuss. I know that Emily would love to have me around every day. That is pretty much the only reason why I regret living in town. I am still thinking about being a community advisor for next year. I was offered a position; I just need to decided if I want to do it again. I like being able to live on campus, but I like my freedom as well. I don’t get a lot of that being a ca. Also, it’s better that having to live with my brother and paying rent. On the other hand, I miss making the extra money at my other job. I will find out in the next month or so if I will be able to handle it next year or not.
Soon it will be spring break. I am doing an Eastern Caribbean cruise with my friends Tracy, Jay, and Mike. We just got an upgrade to balcony rooms. I am really excited for all the warm weather and hopefully stress free cruise.
I’m off to bed now. I have to be up by 5:40am tomorrow. I hope everyone had a great Valentine’s Day!
Your car looks really nice. Hopefully you'll love it and it'll last you a long time. The kids are cute and sure look alike. I still need a picture of you in the headband I sent you. Talk to you soon! -Elise
ReplyDelete