Time flies when your loaded down with 40 hours a week of student teaching, 20 hours of paid working, roughly 10 hours of church stuff a week, trying to fit Emmy and Josh time in, sleeping x amount of hours, etc, etc...
So far student teaching has been great! I am really enjoying my 9th and 11th graders. I have to say that student teaching is a wonderful opportunity to brush up on my content skills for my exams next Saturday (after work). Fingers crossed that I can pass them on the first try so I can hold onto my small pile of pennies a little longer.
The other day I was able to get Emmy and Josh out for some fall pictures. I have to say that it is hard taking pictures of two kids when they want to play. Josh is also the most unphotogenic child I have ever seen besides my brother. It was nice to spend some time with them.
Lately I have been very stressed out with trying to make decisions for what I am going to be doing once I graduate. (YES!!! That’s right, I am FINALLY graduating!!!) I can’t decide what is the best option for myself once I am finished. I am trying to figure out if staying in Minnesota is the best option or if Utah is going to be better for me. I have a huge list of pros for each state; however, each state offers something that the other does not. For example, I have my family in Minnesota and friends and a possible husband in Utah. I am ready to move forward, but I do not want to make a choice that I might regret later on. So, I am open to all counts of advice and possibilities for now and trying not to stress so much that I get grey hair.
This past weekend was general conference. I am so glad that I had the opportunity to stay home and watch it today (Sunday). I am totally at peace right now and I was extremely productive today. Here is everything that I have accomplished from 8:30 – 1:30:
- Colored my hair
- Showered
- Made bed
- Laundry load 1
- Made about 36 chocolate chip cookies
- Washed, peeled and sliced apples for 3 pies, baked 2 pies, and froze the third.
- Watched morning conference
- Cleaned up baking mess
- Laundry load 2
- Swept
- Vacuumed
- Toilet ½ cleaned
- Have a few bags of garbage to take out
- Making lunch / blogging
Then I will be heading off to work. I am so grateful that I have this energy today. I can’t even remember the last time that I was actually able to get this much stuff done. Now it’s time to get my pizza out of the oven and onto work so I can watch afternoon session of conference.
I hope everyone had an enjoyable relaxing weekend like I have had.
Auntie picking Emmy up from school!!!
Grandma (my mom) took us out for dinner. Josh looked so cute I had to capture the moment.
One of the better pictures of Emmy and Josh. I bought Emmy that outfit for school. She loves that skirt with a dark navy blue tshirt.
Me all dressed still after school. I had wanted to take pictures of the kids and this was my only free afternoon to do it.
Apple pie 1
Apple pie 2
Apple pie 3 is in the freezer.
Sunday, October 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment